MDLXIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDLXIII

Until We Ride Again

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 pm

"Don't worry about it." He said softly, already knowing what he'd have to give up to make up for the dinner. But he wanted to...for her. In this day and age, it would be rare for anyone else besides a rich man or politician to take her out anywhere half decent and Peter wanted to try to be one of them if only for one night. "...I'll just have to deal with a lack of cigarettes for a while longer. I'm sure you wouldn't mind it hmn?" He chuckled.

They walked along the river, the dimming light of twilight reflecting off the running river. It gave made the riverside, also dotted with lights from shops and houses, an almost magical glow. Tonight, the passing looks that they received only made him happier that she really was by his side.

Peter too was nervous though. As they walked her realized himself that even after what happened, he needed to properly determine their relationship and where to go from there. He didn't really know if he should feel happy or concerned about the whole thing, but one thing is for certain - he is happy right now.

As they reached the restaurant, Peter opened the door and let her through. The restaurant was decorated in silks and gold, as if the place was made for the rich. The waiters and waitresses dressed even better than most of the patrons. Peter smiled at her before walking up to talk to the hostess who then lead them to a window-side table for two.

"Don't bother looking for anything cheap." Peter flipped open the menu as they got seated. "Everything is a bit pricey, but it's definitely worth it."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:48 pm

As Colette looked around she realized the place looked fancy, epicurean to say the least. The feeling brought about by the place, reminded her a bit of when she still lived with her parents; being the daughter of a politician had given her the luxury of setting foot in one of these lavish places...and truth be told, she hated it.

"Really." She smiled weakly, head tilted at the table as soon as she took her seat. "I appreciate the thought... but you didn't have to take me here, I am not that picky, I know the organization's tight on budget and I'd rather have the extra money paid here to be given to starving people somewhere down the street." She sighed heavily and leaned back on her chair after looking at the man across her straight in the eye. "I am going to pay for my food tonight whether you like it or not." She huffed as she picked up the menu and flipped through it mindlessly. After that shopping trip earlier for Pete, she doubts she'd have enough money, but she wasn't going to allow him to pay everything here for her.

Colette knew Peter's intentions was for her to enjoy the place but he didn't have to. Just because she came from a privileged family, doesn't mean she liked going to these places, if she did she wouldn't think of joining the army, now would she?

After telling the waiter what she wanted, which was the cheapest they had, she stared back at him with an unimpressed expression written on her face. "I'm sorry sir, but I am not one to keep things to myself and my straightforwardness on the issue may have come off as being rude, but if we we're gonna have this relationship then we better know each other--" A tint of red crawled on her cheeks fast as she paused, what did she just say? Did she just assume they we're going to have a relationship? Her mind suddenly went into a small panic attack, it was too soon to ask that. she thought.

"Ah...ah...what I'm saying is, if--if we wanted to continue having this superior-subordinate relationship then..." She bit her lip, they kissed and almost did the deed, there was no use beating around the bush. "Are we...is it safe to say that we are more than just 'that' now?"

She looked at him, nervous at what was going to come out of his lips as she stared at them. Her previous worries about money suddenly vanished and all she was thinking about now was him and her. She had to confirm what happened.

"Did you really mean what you said back there?"
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:56 pm

"You're stubborn." Peter said, looking from the menu somewhat worried. If this was anyone else, he wouldn't think much of it...but the mere inkling that she might not like this place as much as he assumed sent him in a small inner-panic. "I'm not only offering to pay out of courtesy, you know." He looked back down on the menu. "I can do the math and realize you've spent more than enough for one paycheck. Besides, I was the one who insisted we come here." He smiled at her then turned to order his food with the waiter.

Peter noticed her expression when he turned back to look at her and frowned. Was it really that terrible that she'd wear such an expression? More importantly, how could such a simple thing make him feel like a schoolboy who had done something wrong? As she seem to talk at him in a defensive tone of the subject, Peter furrowed his brows. He felt rather offended at the inquiry - what did she think he was? But then, it seemed like she had realized how outlandish she was being and was now almost curling back into her seat. His expression softened and listened to the rest of her ramblings without a word.

"I wouldn't say such a thing as a joke." He said when she asked. He looked at her, disappointed that he had to clarify. "Especially not after you poured your heart out to be like that. That'd be sort of cruel." Peter chuckled a little and let the waiter set down their plates. The aroma of the food was nothing short of amazing. "As for our relationship...we could finish this date and when we get home, you can decide if you'd like to see me again?" Peter reached over and patted her hand. "I would like to work something out though - just so you know and you're not all worried throughout dinner."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:36 am

"Of course!" Colette blurted out the first thing inside her head head as soon as he was done talking. Her hands balled into fists as she tried to muster the courage to speak out what was inside her heart. "Of course I'd still want to see you, I would still want to go out with you...I would want nothing more than to be with you."

She stared into Peter's blue eyes fixedly. "I don't need to think about it Commander..do you?" Breaking off her gaze, she leaned back into her chair and looked down at the delectable dinner in front of her, sighing, figuring out the right words to say without being offensive. It's not that she didn't trust him, she knew he wasn't the kind of man to joke around matters like this, but still. She sighed, there was no use arguing about the place, in the end,it was just her being paranoid. The red on her cheek grew more visible than ever but she kept that calm facade on her, her tone kept at minimal.

"I do appreciate you bringing me here Commander..." She shook her head subtly. "And fine, since you're the one who dragged me here, I'll let you pay for me this time. But really, if you are worried about me missing this kind of life, then you don't have to..." She waved a hand, motioning for everything around her as she shifted in her seat. "If I would then I wouldn't be joining the army, now would I?" She nodded at him assertively.

"You don't have to impress me you know, I already am with all the little things you've done for me." She smiled at him. "And you play better music than what this place has to offer...mhmm,they're food is way better than your cooking tho." She smirked at him after taking a bite out of her food, remembering that stew he made back in Poznan.

"Although now...I think we have to keep this as a secret, huh?"

===
i think mah writing muse is back~ o v o
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 pm

"No, I don't." Peter gave her a confident smile and answered immediately without pause. It made him happier than he imagined to hear her conviction. Honestly, he thought she might start having second thoughts...maybe it was just the adrenaline of their previous adventures. Apparently though, this woman was sure. "I'm sure of my feelings."

'And hell if I'm going to let an opportunity to be with you slip without a fight...'

Though as she turned her attention to the restaurant, his confidence in himself faded, feeling rather sheepish of his own assumptions about her. "A-ah...I see." He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled as he looked down. "Apologies, I just wanted to make sure this was memorable." Peter cleared his throat. "Though I guess going to a pub was also quite memorable in the end, wasn't it?" Nodding, relieved at her reassurance and relaxed in his seat.

"Well, hopefully I'll continue to impress you with such little things then." Peter laughed. "Maybe I'll learn to cook properly one day and surprise you with some UNburnt toast."

Starting to eat, he pondered her inquiry. This would be harder to hide than simple friendship...but somehow he was willing to take the chance and he hoped she would too. "Yes...we will have to. If not for my sake, but yours."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 am

Infected by his laughter, she shook her head. "I will wait for that special toast commander." She giggled.

"and yes, keeping it as a secret would do good for the both of us, I wouldn't want the others to see me as the commander's favorite." She took another bite out of her food. "Although I doubt you'd treat me any different than the others during training or in the field, sir."

"It would also be more exciting that way, don't you think?" Flashing a smirk at him, she continued on relishing her food. The thought of keeping everything in secrecy was appealed to her, if not

A change of music then filled the restaurant, from the usual classical music played in most restaurants, to a more upbeat jazz and groovy sound played by a different band. A few men then started to get out of their seats and walked in the middle of the dance floor with a lady in hand, bopping in rhythm to the new melody.

Colette smiled looking at the young folks that gathered in the middle, some knew their step and some obviously did not, but having at least tried to was something. "Do you know how to dance sir?" She turned to Peter, interested to know of more about him, although, she had a hunch he was good at dancing.

===
i dunnooo how to continue so i magically made a dance floor pop up orz. Tell me if you have something in mind afsdfsgfgg
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm

LMAOO NOO THIS IS GREAT. I was gonna me him ask her to dance anyway, but more boring hurr
----

"Exciting?" Peter chuckled and took a sip of water. "You're right, it would be. Though I didn't know you had an appetite for taking such risks." It excited him too somehow, though he knew the repercussions of their decision if they were found out. "Not that I'm complaining of course."

Peter turned to the band when the music was suddenly changed. "Oh? This is new." He raised an eyebrow at the style of music that was being played, somewhat glad that people still saw fit to play such upbeat music during these times. It was...heart-warming, especially when people started to dance.

Colette's question brought his attention back to her and he could not help but smile smugly. "Of course I do." Without another word, he stood up and offered his hand to her. "Would you like to dance? I assume you know how, but I'd be glad to teach you if you don't."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Her foot tapped to the rhythm as she watched at the others dance, but it ceased as soon as her date blocked her view. That confident grin on his face made her nervous.

"Wh-what?" She blinked at the man in front of her, one hand outstretched. Colette hesitated for a moment, thinking that the dance was too lively; a little more intense, in contrast to the slow sophisticated dances she had been taught back when she was small.

"Well, I guess I will just have to find out now, won't I?" Taking his hand, she walked with him to the floor. "I should warn you though, I am not familiar with this type of dancing." Heck, she didn't even know what it was called. Her eyes we're then glued to a couple who looked a little older than them, strutting fervently in the beat; she stared wondering if she could pull off such swift movements. Her feet started tapping, trying to mimic.

She wrapped one arm around him, his hand on her waist and as they started..."AH!" She stopped immediately as she stepped on something, it was unfortunately, Peter's foot. "I'm sorry sir, did it hurt?" Putting a hand on her temple she backed away from him, staring down, then back up, shaking her head. She was sorry, but she couldn't help but try to hide away the amused grin on her face.

"Well, I did warn you."
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:12 am

"Oh? Well then this will be interesting." Peter pulled her onto the dance floor and started to move to the music as if he'd done this a thousand times. He went slower for her sake, but regardless of his efforts to make it easier on her, his foot till fell victim.

"O-ow...well I guess you did." He grit his teeth from the pain and kept a smile. It was funny, but man did she step on his foot hard. "I'm fine, don't worry." He tried to act as if it felt like nothing, of course. "Just try and follow my lead, I'll take it slower." He chuckled and stepped back into the beat.

Somehow, he wished this wasn't as fast of a dance as it was...maybe a waltz or something may suit them better, especially with her inexperience. Still, he enjoyed dancing with her...something he never really found fond to do and only did it because certain occasions demanded it as a courtesy. Every time he had the chance to hold her close, Peter took in the moment before having to separate again.

The dance ended without any further foot issues and the music went back to a slow dance while people shuffled partners or even back to their seats. Peter smiled sheepishly at Colette, wondering if he should ask for another dance or maybe she had enough. However, before he could...

"Excuse me, miss?" A handsome looking young man approached the two as they pulled away from each other after the dance and smiled first at Peter...almost smugly...then at Colette as he held out his hand. "I couldn't help but notice you on the dance floor and I just had to come and ask you for the next dance, if you are kind enough to join me?" He was well groomed and very neat looking - a businessman possibly. Whatever he was though, he oozed charm and his smile could be compared to that of a movie star.

Peter opened his mouth to protest...but then again, it wasn't his place to object, was it? He had no officially asked Colette to be in a relationship...and after all, she was the one being asked and not him. He knew her well enough to know that she may be upset if he stepped in and made any such decisions for her - the symbol of male supremacy and ownership over a woman of course and that was the last thing he wanted to give her the impression of.

"It doesn't seem like your dinner partner objects." The man added, as if a knife through Peter's chest. Not only the sentence itself...but the fact that he evidentially avoided referring to them as a couple in any way.

'Of course I object, pretty boy...' So he just bowed his head slightly, waiting for her reply in silence. It was nothing...it was just a dance - it's too early to be jealous.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:44 pm

As the dance ended, she turned to smile at her dance partner while catching a bit of her breath and before she could ask him for another dance, a young man, around her age, interjected.

"Uh, well..." Colette looked back at Peter, worry etched slightly on her face. For a moment she waited for him to show some verbal protest, some form of resistance, but no, there wasn't any. He even bowed as if to let her decide for herself. She appreciated him letting her do so, but weren't they in a relationship already? Or is she missing something?

Arching a disappointed brow at Peter, she turned back at the young lad with a forced smile on her lips. "It would be rude to reject an offer from a respectable gentleman such as yourself. I would be glad to have the next dance with you." Taking his hand he led her off to the middle of the dance floor.

As they moved with the rhythm, Colette tried to keep her distance; to at least give a little space in between them, but as she was led to a turn, the man unexpectedly pulled her in close with his hand on her hip. The man was speaking but his words came in and out of her ears. Her mind was filled with thoughts of Peter, it would have been better to refuse the offer, but she was hoping he'd be jealous. Heh, how selfish of her, she thought.

Pressed uncomfortably close to him, she tried to avoid eye contact,but her head turned to the side served as an opening for the other man to bend in close and whisper in her ear.

"I've been asking you questions yet you seem to be distracted. Is there something going on with you and that man?"

His voice coupled with the breath that touched the skin on her neck jolted her off of her thoughts. "Sorry, but I don't want to answer that." She said, trying to sound assertive but failing at it.

"You don't want to answer, or you just don't know the answer? A man who let's his property wander off with another man is--"

"I am not anyone's property!"

Tilting her head at his chest, the dance came to a slow halt in the middle of the floor. "I'm sorry...I don't know. I'm confused." Colette said, embarrassed at her tone.

"We'll find out soon." He whispered again, this time closer than ever as their cheeks touched.

Unknown to Colette, the young man had been eyeing Peter behind her. His lips curled into a mocking smile as he she held her close.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Peter bit his tongue as she accepted the man's offer for a dance. Honestly, he wished he had said something...interjected and told the pretty boy to back off. Instead, he felt like he had backed off with a tail between his legs as he retreated back to their dinner table, watching the woman he should be dancing with dancing in another man's arms.

"tch." He fumbled around his pockets for a cigarette, his cravings emerged from the jealously that was rising in his chest. "You're lucky we're in a restaurant, buddy..." Peter scowled at the man who gave him that smug smile. Oh what he would give to go up and give him a knuckle sandwich.

As the song was coming to an end and he had already gone through a few bread sticks while waiting. At this point, Peter just wanted to leave, already wondering whether or not getting close to a co-worker much less a subordinate was such a good idea. After all...he was feeling quite uncomfortable in this situation.

"I'm a professional." He reminded himself, looking out of the window so he did not have to exchange angry glances with the man that was dancing with Colette. "I'll just...do what I do best." He smiled into the window, able to see his reflection against the night, and waited for the dance to finish and hopefully she'd come back to him.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:50 am

"Ah, how interesting." The young man said as the dance had ended. Looking up at his face, Colette wondered if he meant it to be a sarcasm, his face looked bored and uninterested contrary to what he was saying, peering over something or someone. Before Colette could check out what it was, his facial expression had changed and a bright smile had masked his face.

"Thank you for the dance, my lady." He bowed down curtly taking her hand and kissing it before she nodded once to thank him and turned around to go back to where Peter was sitting.

"We'll meet again soon, Miss Michellis."

Pausing, a chill had crept up her spine as soon as she heard her name pass his lips; it made her jump a little and whirl around to face him. She just had to make sure she heard him right.

"Wait,how did you know...my name?" Her last words morphed into nothing more but an inaudible whisper as the young lad had already vanished into the crowd of dancers. For a moment, she had found herself standing there in the middle of the floor, scared for her own self, for her own future, wondering if she had ever mentioned her name to him. And why was it a big of a deal, anyway? It was...just a name.

"Commander." She uttered as she came back to their table, silence was all she could add. A minute felt like forever as she sat there wondering what to say, she was both confused and disappointed about Peter's actions, but what was she expecting? They were not a couple...they just had confessed to each other hours ago, but no, that didn't mean that they we're official...but wasn't that supposed to be a given already? They had kissed and almost did the deed and-- and...

Amidst Colette's bemused thoughts, she hadn't noticed that she had been staring at Peter with a reddened face, from remembering what happened in his room, with a slightly frustrated look that wasn't at all intentional.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:07 am

Peter struggled to give her a smile, knowing that despite feeling slightly betrayed that it was not her fault. He had the chance to step in and stop her from dancing with another man who obviously wanted to get on his nerves and yet he didn't. "Welcome back." He said, keeping the bitterness out of his voice as best as he could.

He waited a while...but she just sort of stared at him. He took a sip of his drink and cleared his throat before looking back up at her. The silence gave him time to start feeling bad for getting jealous or even upset at Colette and her reddened face did not help him. Peter knew what she may be thinking about and it flustered him to realize that their minds were on such a topic in public.

"Miss Michellis...?" Peter said, coughing to get her attention. "Is something the matter? You look rather distracted." Without a thought, he reached out for her hand.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Colette immediately snapped out of her vitiated thoughts as soon as the warmth of his hand touched her. She could feel her face getting even warmer as she realized what she had been doing, it must have been rude for her to stare at him like that.

"Uhm, it's...it's nothing." She smiled weakly at him, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear hoping he didn't get any weird ideas. "I guess I'm just tired from dancing. And... it's late, we should head back to HQ, don't you think?" Without waiting for his reply, she stood up and made her way outside the cold night.

As she waited for him, one thing bothered her. 'Miss Michellis' she ran the line over and over again in her head; the way they addressed each other only added to the fact that they were nothing more but just subordinates, were they even that close to begin with? Sighing heavily she frowned at herself mumbling out loud before kicking a pebble, "Why can't you call me Colette when we're outside?"
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:34 pm

"Are you sure? I-" He was cut off as she left abruptly and headed outside. At the very least he wouldn't have to wrestle with her for the bill, but her actions worried him...maybe he really did make the wrong choice tonight. This little emotional venture may perhaps prove to be over than it can really begin, and that thought only made Peter's heart sink further than it already has in this night.

After paying their bill, Peter quickly made his way out of the restaurant. The cold and silence of Russian nights was a nice welcome from whatever was going in inside...but still, it wasn't as if all their troubles could be left behind. That fact became painfully clear when he heard her protest against his address of her in public. No doubt it was weird - it wasn't as if any past girlfriend or fling was referred to in such a formal manner, co-worker or not...so why should he treat Colette any different?

"Not exactly the way a first date should have gone, huh?" He said, approaching her from behind and resting a hand on her shoulder. Peter would have preferred to embrace her, yearning for the passion that they entangled themselves in just a few hours ago in his room, but it seemed out of character and too forward in the situation.

"I think I could ask you the same...about calling me 'Commander' even when we're in public...or private for that matter." He cleared his throat and moved his arm around her shoulders and pulled her towards him gently. "Maybe it just needs getting used to." Peter smiled at her, hoping that the only plausible explanation he could muster would put her at some sort of ease...or himself even. "I guess it doesn't feel like I've earned the right to call you Colette just yet."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:53 pm

"Commander." She turned back, hoping he just arrived,hoping he didn't catch anything she was blabbering again by herself. Unfortunately,he had and she froze in place for a second or two. Colette lowered her head, fixing her gaze at the pebble she kicked earlier, upset about the attitude she had displayed upon him.

"I'm sorry" She muttered as she leaned on his warm chest after she was pulled in gently in his arms, it felt like the only right thing to say at the moment. "You're right, I can't even call you by your name yet and I had the audacity to demand such a thing." She smiled softly back at him, her hands gripped the back of his coat tight in an embrace. "Don't worry too much about it, Commander...it's not like it's anything important, it was just me whining about things that don't really matter." She chuckled making light of the situation.

"It's not like we're--" she sighed, pushing him back a little, and freeing herself from his arms. There was no use in guessing games, she had to know what their current standing is before she gets the wrong idea. "I just want to make things clear Commander, I believed you when you have told me you love me back in your room, we've kissed and almost--" Clearing her throat, she could feel her face burning up again at just the thought of them making out. "What I'm saying is..." Her mind was muddled, it wasn't exactly the right thing for a woman to ask if they we're going steady, it was still too early.

"Let's just go home." Balling her hands into fists, Colette quickly turned around and stomped her way back to the direction of the headquarters. She was being rude again, leaving him hanging like that, but she couldn't help it, Peter was giving her all the feelings she'd never felt before. It was embarrassing and frustrating at the same time not knowing what to expect from this relationship...what to even call it?
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:37 am

"Ms Mich..." He trailed off as she left, yet again. Peter knew what was wrong...it was simple enough - he had not gave her reason to think they were official, especially after the blunder on the dance floor. He watched her back and followed close, unsure of how to fix the situation. She was visibly upset...but she didn't give him a clue of how to make things better. It would be easy...maybe he should just take her in his arms and give her a kiss to reassure her. However, she also made it clear she knew his feelings for her...so why is it so hard to believe they were an item...?

As they reached the HQ doors, Peter grabbed her wrist before she could open the large doors. He paused, thinking through what he was going to say before they proceeded to enter an area where this relationship was taboo.

"Ms Michellis...I'm not quite sure why you're suddenly so unhappy - you never finished your sentence after all." Peter turned her around to face him. "Though, I have an inkling...so before we go in...I..." He could feel his body temperature rise - he was nervous...like a schoolboy asking the most beautiful girl in the school out to a dance. It was odd...and his heart raced as he peered into her eyes. It should be a no-brainer...but she made him uncertain unlike anyone else in the world. "Would you be my girlfriend? As we said...it'd have to be a secret, but I would...uh..." His voice cracked under the pressure and he swallowed. "S-sorry I guess I am a bit unprepared - I'm more used to being chased rather than....chasing."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 am

Colette stared back at him, unblinking as she froze in place yet again, her lips slightly open, her brows furrowed as she tried to take in the words he just delivered. "Yes, yes." Finally, she was able to utter the words that kept on screaming inside her head; she felt her heart racing, her eyes welling up in happiness.

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend." Her hands reached out to cup his face gently, then brushed his fringe to the side wanting to see the face of the man precious to her. "I love you." She whispered to him before she landed a gentle kiss on his cheek, then another on his forehead and another and another. Holding him close she did not have a single care in the world wether or not somebody in the headquarters would find them doing such acts; all she wanted was to savor this moment before they both returned back to treating each other as to what society expects them to--mere subordinates.

Pulling away after a while, she straightened his coat and smoothed out his collar, smiling at him. "I'm sorry for acting so rudely in front of you...I...I was confused and I wasn't sure about it. I am fairly new about this whole thing so...forgive me, but rest assured, I am serious about it, sir."
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:19 am

Peter smiled at her answer, his heart almost leaping out of his chest in joy. As her soft hands touched his face, he could feel a shiver run down his body that threatened to make him melt right into her embrace. He only let himself lean a little into her loving kisses while taking her by the waist and returning them as much as he could without getting in her way.

"I love you too." Peter whispered in her ear as he got the chance and places a kiss on her jaw. "I promise, the next date will be much better." He smiled wider at the thought of yet another night like this.

Brushing her hair out of her face, Peter stroked her cheek with his hand and chuckled at her apology. Of course...it seemed they are now both put into odd positions. He never thought he'd feel so new at this. If someone had given him a mission to get close to a woman in power for some sort of gain, there would be none of this nervous and butterfly nonsense. Even before, everything he did was so confident and smooth...

"No...it wasn't really all your fault." Peter moves to hold her hands in his. "I was unsure as well...I didn't want to offend you by being possessive." At the subtle admission that he was jealous, his face turned a slight shade of embarrassed pink. "I suppose maybe I should have shown you I am serious as well."

Leaning down, Peter kissed her lips lightly and pushed open the doors behind them so the headquarters.

"It's cold, Colette." He said with a small hesitation before her name, still unsure and not used to the address. But tonight at least..he would try a bit harder for her reassurance. "We should go in."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:09 pm

So he was jealous. Colette suppressed a chuckle and just grinned widely to herself when he admitted he was jealous, although indirect but still. The thought was enough to make her mentally squeal like a deranged teenager in love. As she looked back up again, she was pleasantly welcomed with a kiss, that in which she accepted wholeheartedly.

Colette tilted her head up and down before she stepped inside the headquarters. "Thank you, P--" She broke off her speech as she attempted to say his name, she noticed they were both inside HQ walls right now. Somehow, she just couldn't bring herself to say his name in this place and just awkwardly stood there for a moment, feeling bad for herself.

They both walked down the silent hallway towards their respective sleeping quarters until they reached her room. Pushing her door open, she glanced back at him before fully stepping inside.

"Thank you for the wonderful evening Commander. I had a great time. I hope to see you again... tomorrow?" In her mind, Colette knew that the evening was more than just wonderful, in fact it was one of the best days of her life, Sure there we're downs but they can be easily overshadowed by the fact that she just had realized her feelings for this man and that these feelings were more than mutual. For a moment, they both stood there in silence. Her fingers tapped the side of the door as she looked down, searching for words to say to him just so she could find an excuse for him to stay longer.

"I guess, it's time to say good night." Finally, she said as she looked back up to face him with a smile she was able to force out despite being disappointed about having to leave him.

"Sleep well, commander." She whispered, bowing her head down in respect to him before turning around and closing the door slowly. Gripping the lock, she stood behind her door, waiting... just waiting and listening for his footsteps.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:17 am

"No...thank you." Peter shuffled in place, feeling rather awkward at the fact that he wanted to bad to stay with her but knew that it was possibly the worst idea to drag the night on further. Thinking back to how quickly they engaged themselves in a tumble, anything they do together from this point on would end up in a similar situation. They were lucky that earlier Pete had been there to interject - it wasn't as if Peter was carrying any sort of protection in anticipation of anything up until today.

"Yes I'll see you tomorrow." He said confidently. "That little rascal snoring in your room needs his daily walks right? It'd be a great excuse to go out together casually on a regular basis." Peter had found yet another thing to thank the pup for. It seemed that the earlier pee fiasco had to be forgiven this time.

"You too, Ms Michellis. Sweet dreams." Peter nodded to her goodnight and backed away from her door as she closed it. He waited a while. unsure what exactly he was waiting for. Maybe perhaps she'd burst out again with a reason for them to stay together just a little longer, despite his reasoning they really shouldn't. Finally, he managed to pull his legs into motion and slowly made his way to his own room, falling back onto his bed with the widest smile he's ever had.

---
2 WEEKS LATER: CAIRO, EGYPT
---

Peter had trudged his way back to the Blade's camp after a long day trying to get anywhere with the locals of the small refugee camp. He knew something was wrong the moment the first refugee they talked to described their current residence as a beautiful oasis when it was clear that all it was was desert.

After barking a few orders at the recruits that came on the mission, Peter entered his tent to get out of the perpetual sand blowing in the wind. He took off his cloak and shook the sand off and sat at the desk he had set up in the tent. The intel Nadine gave him was clear - a mysterious healer had been around these parts the last time Russian troops passed this area. The scabbard they described resembled Avalon and Peter had hoped so hard his search would be over before anything got bloody.

Unfortunately, the locals seemed to not even know of this man's existence so they were no help. If they wanted information, they'd need to figure out why they seemed so delusional.

"This is impossible..." Peter muttered to himself as he sifted through the files he had on-hand.

There was a discovery nearby of a small patch of greenery growing, seemingly out from a toppled building from when Cairo was destroyed. Soon, they'd have to investigate what it is...something so odd must have something to do with all of this weirdness
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Leaning on to her door, she sighed as she heard his footsteps fade away. The pup had woken up when she arrived and Pete blinked confusedly at her, tilting his groggy head at the love struck grin she was wearing. Too sleepy to care, he snuggled at Colette and went to sleep beside her.

===

The sun was harsh and the winds we're strong, Colette wasn't used to the kind of weather Egypt had to offer; she wasn't exactly expecting some tropical paradise either but this was worse than what she had in mind.

After checking some of the ruins near the camp, she and a few other comrades had been informed about some form of unknown greenery growing nearby. Together with Daryll, a new recruit who looked like someone who's in his late twenties but bears the maturity of a tween,went out with her to gather up some samples. Luckily, they found a few spuds near the entrance, they would have ventured deeper into the ruins but Colette didn't like the aura the whole place was giving her. It would be wiser to come back with more people to come with them and explore.

As they arrived back at camp, Colette left Daryll to inspect the sample they had with them. She then met up with a few blades members who had already finished their jobs and advised her to report to the Commander ASAP.

"Sir, permission to enter sir." She uttered out loud enough as she stood outside the Commander's tent, ready to report her findings.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 am

Peter groaned and ran his hands through his hair and puffed on the cigarette he had managed to save until now. It didn't make sense that this was happening. The reports were irrefutable. On top of that, they have reports that the King's Shield was also on their way. They had to move fast and hopefully leave even before the enemy arrived.

Right now was not a good time to bother him, and this was proved when even Colette's voice sent a shot of irritation through his mind, even if it was only for the first moments. Shaking his ill-placed annoyance off, Peter took a deep breath and fixed himself a little.

"Come in." He said, loud enough for her to hear, and started to organize the desk that was covered in loose papers and notebooks. "Bloody smoke..." He muttered, waving off the fumes and put the cigarette out. Surely at the very least he'd get a nasty look from her for it.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 pm

As soon as Colette stepped inside the tent, the familiar stench of cigarette smoke, like meeting an old unwanted friend made her face wrinkle in disgust for a second or two. The room was veiled in a thin mist of smoke visible enough for her to notice that the man behind the desk had been smoking again before it cleared up. Sighing, she gave Peter a meaning look before tilting her head high and kicking her heels for a salute.

"I apologize for the interruption but I would like to give you a report about the nearby ruins me and Daryll checked up on. The place looked unsafe so we didn't venture any further but we were able to get a few samples of the greenery sprouting near the entrance. I don't think it's anything harmful, but it's being checked just in case." Colette knew something must be bothering him, worry was etched clearly on his pale handsome face. She wanted to give him a pat in the back or maybe massage his tired shoulders but no, that wasn't the right thing to do while they were both on the job.

"That would be all sir. I would like to ask for further instructions Commander, if you don't have any...then I'd take my leave." She said to him firmly, hands behind her back.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 am

Putting the last stack of papers in order, Peter took up to meet the disapproving look Colette shot at him before she saluted. He did so back and cleared his throat, feeling already as if he was a child being scolded. Listening closely to her report, Peter nodded and took a deep breath in contemplation.

"I have a theory on that odd area, but I don't think we have the equipment to explore is safely." He threw his pack of cigarettes under his pillow so he would not reach for them while she was present. "Pollen gets in a human being's system rather easily - maybe that's what's causing the hallucinations in the locals."

"Other than that..." He took a long look at her. It was more difficult than he thought it would be to keep a distance while they were on the job. Peter had grown accustomed to the nightly walks to the park with Pete and their dates out in the city. Having to spend more than 24 hours completely formal and professional with Colette even in privacy was very unpleasant indeed. "How do you feel? No odd headache or anything, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MDLXIII :: MAIN ROLE-PLAY :: King's Blade-
Jump to: