MDLXIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDLXIII

Until We Ride Again

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
juhaihai

juhaihai

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Colette listened closely, noting that there were indeed flowers but only a few sprouted up to where they got the samples; she didn't expect them to pose such a threat tho. She just nodded softly in reply and roamed her eyes on his desk, searching for his cigarette pack which had conveniently went missing.

She looked back up at him as he spoke again and brought her hands down to the side. "No, nothing, I feel fine Commander." She said, softening her expression. "I should ask you the same, sir, you look... exhausted." She looked around left and right at the corner of her eyes, wondering if it was okay for her to come close and touch him. She had missed him badly, she thought. She hesitated on doing anything, lest someone comes in and sees them in any intimate position. "If there is anything I could do for you to help alleviate some of the stress off your shoulders, I will sir."
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:36 am

Peter wished she'd approach him first - he didn't want to see out of place or a man who breaks his promises. He had said very clearly that work and pleasure had to be separated for them...but it was clear she was thinking about it too. It wasn't like they were going to do anything indecent.

"Well." He started to reply as he walked towards her. "If you insist, then I'll help myself." Wrapping his arms around her he pulled Colette into a gentle hug and sighed. "Pardon my boldness - I feel much better now." His voice was quiet and filled with some sort of relief.

Pulling away, Peter fixed his uniform and smiled at her briefly before resuming his professional stance. He walked to his desk and shuffled through the papers, pulling out a small notebook that he'd been writing in about the area's condition. "I think I'm going to take a look inside that building. We're getting nowhere just interrogating the locals. Our supplies are running low, we can't drag this on much longer." He looked up at her from writing in the notebook. "You should rest, but meet me at the ruins in eight hours with Daryll and any information he might have dug up. I'll have Simon meet us there as well and Nadine in charge of the camp while we are gone."

With that, he flipped the notebook closed and set it back on his desk. "You're dismissed." Peter said after hesitating a bit more. He wished he could have a casual talk with her...or just feel her touch one more time. Instead, he saluted, signalling her option to leave.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 am

"Ah...?!" Colette was caught off guard with the hug he gave her . She smiled and leaned on him, feeling the familiar warmth he was emanating. He smelled of cigaret smoke, but she brushed that thought away; she made a note to point it out some other day. The contact was short, and Colette fought inside of her not to pull him back and embrace him some more.

"Yes sir." She said with a firm nod and a quick salute after hearing his instructions and giving her permission to leave. After delivering her short report, she quickly made her way to Daryll's tent and informed him about meeting up. The bespectacled man was clearly enthusiastic and curious about the place and agreed to meet up without question and looked more than glad to oblige. Colette only sighed at him as she wasn't sure about their safety while in those wreckage, she envied his carefree mindset somehow.

With that, she left him to continue on with his research. The hours quickly passed by as she took a long nap and ate before preparing to leave and heading out. Daryll was already outside of his tent waiting for her, his face as carefree as ever.

"Let's go." She motioned for him to follow and they conversed a little about what he had discovered on the way until they arrived on the site. As expected they arrived earlier than the higher ups since they made sure to leave half an hour before the time. The wait wasn't that long, a few minutes later Peter and Simon came and immediately, both recruits greeted them with a salute.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Peter and Simon waited at the entrance of the ominous looking building. While Simon was poking around the place and trying his hardest to try and make sense of how plants could even grow in this desert, Peter just looked onward towards the refugee camp, scanning the tents with his blue eyes. He was lost in his own thoughts. He had been lucky not to have to see places like this since he left his own refugee camp so long ago. This was what the war did to the world...and those in the remaining cities were living a luxurious life compared to the rickety tents that poked out from the drifting sands of Cairo.

"Pe- I mean, Sir!" Simon called his attention to face Colette and Daryll, the commanding officer giving the recruits a salute back.

"Recruits." Peter said shortly and giving his own salute. "Do you have anything to report, Daryll?" He cut right to the chase. The faster they found out what was going on the better. "Before we venture into this building, it'd be best to know everything we can." He was not a botanist nor a scientist, so he wasn't expecting much from the recruit either. He hoped though, that from some miracle that the man could find something even with their lack of equipment.

Then, a strong wind blew, making their cloaks pull against their bodies in the wind. Sand was all over the place and within less than a second, it became hard to see anything.

"We should go inside!" Simon yelled over the deafening wind. "Just a bit, so we're not fighting with nature while we get information!"

"Okay!" Peter said, trying to keep sand out of his mouth. "Everyone move inside! There should be an open room to our left where the wall has caved in - head there!" He trudged through the sandstorm slowly, feeling his way with one hand and his other holding up his cloak to his face.

(ahh sorry its a bit slow atm //sob I'll leave notes about the plants in skype and u can decide what u want Daryll to have found out )
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:41 am

The raging wind suddenly blew hard as Daryll was about to open his mouth. Following their superior's orders, he and Collete walked briskly to the nearest opening.

Daryll coughed heavily, spitting out a few specks of sand out of his mouth as soon as they reached shelter. Colette patted him on the back and wiped sand off of him after patting herself clean. Pulling out a clean handkerchief from his pockets, Daryll took off his thick specs and started cleaning them, all the while blinking his eyes; the man clearly had terrible eyesight.

"Well sir, I know I'm only new here and that I'm no real expert on plants, but having an affinity to earth magic and having studied a few books has got me quite interested over new species and I thank you that you've picked me to assist you today." Daryll paused and repositioned his glasses, pushing them lightly to his nose bridge. "What I've learned sir, which you may already know, is that these weeds can cause ill psychological effects to the human brain when the yellow pollens are inhaled. These pollens taste and smell sweet so they're quite addictive. It may be good to keep a safe distance away from these plants, specifically the flowers. I cannot tell you what kind of illusions people see but I'm guessing it varies from person to person. The effects last depending on how much or how long you were exposed to the flowers."

"Have I told you they're sweet? Might not be a good idea to taste them though." He shrugged and rubbed his chin. "So, yeah that's it, I have yet to search for a cure or if there is any, I was gonna try it on myself a little while ago and record what I may experience but it wouldn't be good missing a mission or showing up here euphorically disoriented, now would it?" He laughed a little, finally resting his hands at his waist after talking with them.

Colette remained silent while listening and kept an eye on Daryll. The man was clearly not fazed with speaking to the Commander, he kept his composure and usual playful tone...it was as if he was speaking to a friend and not to someone of higher position; she was both amazed and scared for his naivety.

====
ahhh idek //flails
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Peter listened to Daryll intently while Simon nearby stood beside Colette, similarly impressed at how the man could so easily speak with the commander.

"Looks like he's used to dealing with men like that." He muttered, half to the young woman.

Peter nodded when Daryll finished his explanation and dismissed the joke. "It should be safe to step out then, it looks like the flowers group up into bunches." He poked his head out of the ruins of the room. "Lets get on with it then and get some samples for an antidote. The sooner we get information from the locals the sooner we can go back to our less sandy home."

Simon nodded and stepped out first, eyeing the area and noting to the group where groups of flowers are and the path they should take to get further in. It seemed to him that the bunches of flowers grew more the further they'd get. He warned them and looked up at his commander in question whether or not they were ready to risk the venture.

"I understand." Peter mumbled and stepped out as well, motioning for the two recruits to follow. "Help Daryll collect samples to take back to the camp for an antidote. Make sure to report any ill feelings." He seemed distracted, staring into the dark building in thought. There was something that called for him...ever so slightly.

"Yes sir." Simon saluted and covered his face with his cloak. "Let's go then you two." He motioned for the recruits to follow to a patch of flowers and to keep their mouths and noses covered.

Peter stood in place, contemplating whether or not to venture further. His feet however, had already made a decision and started to walk slowly further into the building as soon as the others turned their backs.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

"Mhmm, quite." Colette kept her response to Simon short, he is her Infantry Trainer after all and she was still uncomfortable around him.

Both Colette and Daryll followed the younger man, making sure to cover half of their faces as they went closer to a patch of flowers. Daryll took out his equipment and started cutting a few more samples, making sure to get the leaves and anything that may come in useful, all the while humming a happy tune. Colette could only smile underneath the dust stained cloth covering half her face as Daryll's happy vibe was somehow pleasantly infectious in this eerie place.

A few minutes passed, Colette looked back and noticed that Peter had walked further into the path they were supposed to take... Wasn't it considered dangerous to walk any further?

"Commander?" Her brow wrinkled in worry, she took a few steps away from Daryll and Simon and shouted for Peter's attention once again. But still, the man didn't look back nor did he look like he heard her. She turned around for Simon and Daryll, who's attention was now set on the Commander. The bespectacled man shrugged and smiled uncertainly, "...Maybe he just found something?"

"Maybe..." Colette mumbled, her eyes glued to Peter's back.

Peter was a few feet away from them, he was now walking dangerously close towards a large patch of flowers that shimmered beautifully in the dark. Without much thought, Colette started to move her feet and ran towards the man, intending to pull him away from the place before its too late.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:11 am

Peter could hear Colette say his name...he could hear the concern and part of his mind wanted to heed the red flags and warnings. But it felt so...good. He had to get more. All his doubt and fears and insecurities were fading the closer he was to whatever was calling for him.

She was running towards him now, her footsteps faster. She was going to pull him away from this paradise that called for him so strongly.

The surroundings seem to wake the closer Colette got to Peter. Roots and vines shifted under their feet and along the walls. The air now started to look foggy, growing thicker and thicker every second.

Peter's pace slowed, the part of him still in control realizing he was in danger. However, as soon as Colette became in reach of him, the vines sprung up and restrained her legs and seemed to crawl up to tie her whole body up.

Simon noticed the changes in the air and after a moment of realization that pollen was pouring out from the flowers, he quickly covered his mouth and nose tightly. "GUYS! The pollen! It's in the air! Cover yourselves!" He shouted and turned to see Peter and Colette already a ways away from him and Daryll. "Peter! Colette!"

Two figures ran towards them from the entrance, the smaller person shoving old but seemingly functional gas masks towards Simon and Daryll. The larger man made his way straight to Colette and swung a large scimitar to cut down one of the growing vines and tying one of the gas masks on her as well.

"We need to get them out of here!" The younger man shouted from where Simon and Daryll was.

Peter was still stepping, struggling with himself, towards the end of the fallen building.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

"N-NO!!" Colette struggled to break free from the vines that held her in place, the more she fought against it, the tighter it wrapped around her...it was as if the plant had a life of its own. As much as she was terrified, she was more determined to stop Peter. Her hand stretched out to reach his back, but alas, her strength wasn't enough to even touch him.

The pollen was getting thicker and she was running out of air, before she could breathe out, she felt herself break free from the vine's clutches and a gas mask was thankfully shoved to her. Clinging tightly to the unknown man for support, she shook her head. Who was this man?

" THE COMMANDER!!" she had no time for questions, Colette quickly stood up and ran forward to try and grab Peter, who was now much farther into the building, the large man followed suit. The vines once again started moving on their own, immediately she grabbed her revolver and aimed at the them, blowing off one or two as they tried to grab her.

"If you don't have a better weapon I suggest you fall back!" The man shouted as he cut through the vines easily with his blade. Frowning, she dropped the gun and summoned her blade, she was still a beginner but the sword hacked through the obstacles much better.

"I'll hold them off, go ahead and grab him!" his voice was muffled through the mask, but it didn't take her a second to understand what he was trying to say as he swung his blade to make an opening for her. Hacking a few off, she finally was an arm's away until she was able to grab the back of Peter's collar, and as she did so, a multitude of vines started to grab the both of them from head to foot, suffocating her slowly. In the midst of struggling to break free, her hand still refused to let go of him...darkness slowly enveloped her vision...and she could swear she heard sinister laughter.

Last edited by juhaihai on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Peter stood idle as the vines wrapped themselves around him and he began to become sleepy. He was so tired...this...this will be a nice nap. Just for a little while. She was in reach of him...and by now he didn't know if he wanted her to be there with him after all.

"Hold on! I'm on my way!" The larger man shouted as he tried to fight the vines that were very quickly increasing in number. "Jahi! Get those two out of here! If they get controlled too we'll all die!"

The smaller man looked hesitant but nodded and almost just dragged Simon and Daryll away towards the entrance and fresher air.

---

"We can't just LEAVE them!" Simon argued as they got out of the building. "We need to get the rest and go in there and save them! Your partner's in there too!" The smaller man shook his head.

"It's going to come out, Haji will drag it out. That was the plan until you guys got in the way."

---

Haji, the larger man sliced through the vines and trudged against his restrictions and wrapped a massive arm around Colette's waist before cutting her and Peter loose enough to pull back.

"We need to retreat, it's coming." He said, eyes glaring into the darkness ahead of them.

'I give these poor people peace...'

Peter struggled against Colette and Haji.

'Can't you see? They are better off this way...'

A pair of green eyes were now slowly visible as the creature came closer, revealing his grotesque form. Under a coat of plantation and moss, it wasn't hard to see that this being - whatever it was - was made up of various lifeforms. Arms, legs and parts unhuman were identifiable and moving as if they might still be struggling against the assimilation.

'Come. Be a part of paradise.'
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 pm

A deep gasp escaped Colette's lips as soon as she felt herself break free from the vines. The blonde then felt a reassuring arm around her waist; her hand still clutched tightly on her Commander's collar.

"SNAP OUT OF IT!!!" Colette wanted to slap her superior so hard in the face right now, that she didn't care if she was expelled for doing so, but before she could even raise her other hand, chills came running down her spine and her instincts made her look back up into the darkness and a pair of sinister green glowing eyes emerged in the distance. Shaking her head, horrified for what's to come, she summoned every last bit of her strength and with one solid grunt, she pulled hard at Peter's collar and forced him to back away from whatever that thing is. Peter swung back at them and Haji immediately grabbed him by the waist.

As soon as she saw him safe, her perception started to blur and she felt a whirling sensation in her head. She could feel herself being carried, a flash of light, indistinct faces, distressed voices...and then, darkness.

----

"Are you okay?"

Colette shot up, her fingers shaking, her lips quivering; it took a while before she saw that she was in her bunk, that she was back at her tent, that she was safe and thankfully, still alive. Daryll, was beside her, one hand grabbing her firmly in the shoulder. Worry was etched all over the man's face as he asked his question again, this time a little louder.

"I-I'm okay--god, pipe down...my head hurts." She looked around and thought something was missing. Daryll slumped back and let out a sigh of relief, "Good thing you're alright, I was thinking you had it worse as the commander--"

"The Commander!" It was Colette's turn to grab him by the shoulders this time, but before he could let out an answer and possibly an objection, the female dashed out of her tent and ran to Peter's place. Without the necessary formalities, she quickly came in, panting and out of breathe.

"What happened to him?! How is he?" She saw an unfamiliar face in the tent but dismissed asking his name and wanted to know first how Peter was doing as she quickly checked on her superior, holding his hand and checking his temperature.

"He is in some sort of sleep, he is in his own dream, his own made-up paradise maybe." Daryll came in shortly. "He has been like that for almost 24 hours." he stammered.

"How? What happened after I passed out?" Colette's eyes begged for an answer and was hoping Daryll could tell her more. But the man, tilted his head, unsure of the answer and glanced at the other man in the room. Colette followed his eyes and demanded.
"Tell me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MDLXIII :: MAIN ROLE-PLAY :: King's Blade-
Jump to: