MDLXIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDLXIII

Until We Ride Again

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:25 am

Peter's heart sunk when she opened the door for him, obviously a bit distressed. It didn't come as a surprise honestly as he already knew that she had grown a fondness for the pups. Still, he knew he did the right thing in turning them in. How were they going to take care of a whole litter anyway? His mind was put on the defensive when she became slightly hostile, trying to justify hurting her feelings.

Then again, that's what the puppy in his coat was for, wasn't it?

"That's no way to talk to someone who is trying to give you a gift." He said in a low tone, careful not to let his voice carry around the building. Slowly, he pulled the small puppy out of his coat so she may see. The pup had copper fur that was more poofy than a normal husky. It was the reason Peter had chosen him - it was the cuddliest looking one out of all of them and surely she would've wanted this one the most.

He smiled slightly at her look of inquiry. Maybe he had done something to make her happy after all, and he took pride in that. Without a word, Peter lifted the pup slowly and placed it in her arms, careful not to disturb it from its sleep.

"I told them one was sick and passed away in our care. They didn't question it, though I was lucky he didn't blow our cover." Peter stepped back when the pup was safely in her arms. "The organization won't pay for his upkeep, Ms Michellis - it'll be up to you." He couldn't be shown as too soft, after all. "And I expect that he won't deter you from your training and duties."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:32 am

Colette let out a subtle gasp as Peter showed her the object he was hiding under his coat. As soon as she saw the small copper furred creature, her hand immediately covered her mouth, preventing her from breaking out an 'awww'. Her eyes glistened in the light as tears started to well up again, this time of complete happiness at seeing the husky. She let out another gasp and some short sniffles as she cautiously carried him in her arms, like a mom seeing her new born baby for the first time, as Peter handed him to her. Smiling down at the pup's sleeping figure, then looking back up at Peter, only being able to silently mouth a 'how?' at him, questioning how he was able to acquire him without the government noticing.

At this point, she was aware she was being vulnerable, showing a weaker side of her... getting too happy over such a thing as owning a small puppy; but she did not care, she was just so happy.

"Yes." She bobbed her head at him, finally able to speak out a word. "Yes, I will take good care of him, he'll be my responsibility, you don't need to worry about anything, Commander." She said, keeping her tone down to a whisper to prevent anyone from hearing.

She beamed a wide smile at him. In front of her stood a man who has given her a special gift, even lying to the government that he serves. She appreciated the gesture, if only there was something she could do for him to repay his actions, but then she couldn't think of any.

"Thank you." Standing on tip toe, she leaned in forward to land a light kiss on his cheek. "...so much." She continued in a whisper, just then their eyes met and there it was again, that pang on her chest, as if a short spark made her heart skip a beat as she stared into Peter's blue orbs, getting her caught in a daze.

The pup moved a little, stretching his tiny paws and yawning before snuggling in to her chest. It broke of the tension between them. Colette chuckled, shrugging the feeling away and lifted the pup a little higher to snuggle into his face.

"...I sometimes wonder...why you're too kind to me." She whispered at herself the exact words that were rolling inside her head; realizing she just said that out loud enough for him to hear, she blinked at him, shaking his head after and chuckling a little."What am I saying...you must be tired Commander, you should get to bed."
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:06 am

It was enough to see her happy expression when she received the sleeping animal. It really was nothing. Wasn't like anyone died because he smuggled one away...but somehow it felt like he had done something tremendous. Why else would Colette allow herself to show such a raw side of her in front of him? She'd always been so careful with herself.

"I'm glad to hear it." Peter said in reply to her reassurance that the pup would be no hindrance to her progress in training and duties. He was about to bid her goodnight, seeing as she was probably still exhausted both from the mission and whatever emotional anguish he had caused her earlier in the day by taking the puppies away. As childish as he thought it was, one corner of his mind could sort of understand why.

As if that didn't make him feel good enough about himself, before he could even start to leave Colette had moved to close the gap between the two of them and planted a kiss on his cheek. His mouth was gaped open both from the initial intention to bid her goodnight and simply shock. Luckily, he closed it before she could move away and look at him.

"You.." He said, his throat tightening with his nerves. "Ahem...you're welcome." Peter swallowed, his voice seeming weak as his chest tightened with both happiness and the refusal to feel hope for anything else to sprout from such a simple act. But damn did it feel good.

The pup yawned, causing Colette to chuckle and forcing a soft smile to his own lips. What a cute baby. Now more than ever was he glad he made that split second decision to bring him home.

"I like it better when you're happy." He replied to her unintentional query in a quiet whisper before bowing. "You as well, get some rest Ms Michellis. I'll see you tomorrow." Straightening up, he gave her another smile before walking away from her room and towards his.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 am

She simply nodded at him; Colette watched him leave, following Peter's broad back with her eyes as usual before he disappeared from her sight. She smiled, cuddling the critter in her arms before closing her doors.

That night, Colette had a good sleep with the pup laying down beside her in bed. Before she closed her eyes, she spent a long time looking over the puppy, running a hand on his copper fur, ruffling it; 'What to name him...?' she thought as her head ran through different names. A smile appeared on her lips, she knew exactly what to name him.

Next day, after morning training, Colette rushed back to her quarters with a bottle of milk and a saucer. 'Peter', turned out to be one hyper active puppy, he kept on jumping up and down and even howling. It wasn't too long before everyone who passed by her bedroom knew of his presence. He was fairly good with strangers and he adapted very well the new environment. He was specially fond with Colette and would go wherever she went. Luckily, she was able to prevent him from following her to the training grounds.

After lunch, on her free time, she decided to take him out for a short walk at the courtyard. Thankfully, the little husky busied himself with whatever he found, sniffing silently over every new thing he found interesting. It gave Colette a break to catch her breathe from all his jumping and barking.

Sweet silence finally filled the afternoon as she sat on a bench--or not. Short loud barks could be heard, and Colette immediately opened her eyes, worried. As she looked around, Pete was nowhere to be found, but his barks were audible.

"PETER!" She called out to him, walking to the direction of the sound. "Where are you boy?!" He didn't get himself stuck in somewhere dangerous now, did he?
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 am

'Peter?'

Peter was outside a well, though for a different reason. It was regular maintenance of the field and surveying the area for possible improvements, something he did every day after training. There was barking of course - but there was barking everywhere ever since he brought the puppy back. It wasn't as if pets weren't allowed - but this dog was probably more than they could handle. Lucky for him, Peter wasn't about to make Colette upset yet again.

But now, why was she calling his name? It sounded urgent too. So he reacted with urgency as well, looking around for Colette.

"Colette?!" He called, wondering what had made her call his name like such. The second half of her calls didn't properly register until he actually found her, looking through the courtyard. "Co..Ms Michellis...?" Peter slowed down his pace and walked towards her. "Who exactly, are you looking for...?"

Oh gods...did she name the puppy after him?
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Colette was eagerly looking for her puppy, looking over the bushes and under the benches. She became more worried as the barking suddenly halted.

"Oh, no...Peter where are you...?" Biting her lower lip, she spun around as she heard her name. "Pe--Commander!?" She jumped back a bit, surprised it was Peter, what is he doing here? After snapping a salute at him, she rubbed the back of her neck thinking of a way to explain to him the situation, but then she had no time for it,she had to make up her mind quickly, her puppy might be in trouble and is stuck somewhere.

"It's Peter! He's gone, I just left him to wander on his own for a second and then-- he's no where to be found." Again, bites her lower lip, her eyes darting around for any visible sign of him. She just hoped her superior wouldn't mind her naming her dog after him.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm

"Who is gone?" Peter furrowed his brows and crossed his arms. "I'm right here Ms Michellis or are you telling me that the puppy's name is now Peter?" Sighing, seeing as she was too frantic to care about his offence and squatted down to look for Pete as well.

"Here doggy doggy." He said, still uncomfortable with calling the puppy his own name. "Come on, where are you~?" Peter felt like a dork, talking in baby lingo at a cute little animal that was probably just barking at a squirrel or bird.

Sure enough Peter emerged from a nearby bush with a small bird in his jaws. As gruesome as it was, a puppy having its first wild kill, the way Pete pranced over to Colette and offered the bird as some sort of present had a cute charm to it.

"Well, you found him." Peter stood up and re-crossed his arms. "He seems to be learning how to hunt on his own huh." He looked at Colette now, expecting some sort of explanation on the name of the pup.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 am

"Ahh...Peter, that poor bird, why? I don't know if I should be happy about him having hunting instincts." She said as she picked up the lifeless bird and patting the huskies head, glad that he wasn't into some sort of trouble. Now what to do with the bird?

"And ...ahaha...ehe..." she tried to let out a laugh which came out forced and dry as she picked up a stick and started to dig up a little hole to bury the creature as she sat on her heels. Peter didn't seem to be happy about her naming her dog after him, which she honestly thought he'd be excited about.

The little fluff ball, on the other hand, had just noticed Peter and was looking up at him with a doggy frown on his face, looking up then down, circling him and followed by sniffing at his shoes...possibly sizing him up. He barked once at him and positioned himself in the gap between Colette and Peter; him, looking up at the familiar man questioningly.

After burying the dead beard, she patted her hands clean off the dirt and stood up to face Peter, only to be faced with an almost fussy look that demanded an explanation. "Well, aren't you glad I named him after you?" He picked up the little pup in front of her with both hands so they're facing each other, it then growled at him. "See, I think he likes you." She beamed at him, obliviously.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:01 am

"I think its his way of giving you a present." He watched her bury the poor bird, laughing nervously as he waited for her to finish. "I think you'll end up doing that for a lot of different small animals from now on."

Then, he noticed that Pete had already started circling him and sniffing his leg before putting himself between him and Colette, barking. Peter looked down at the fluffball and furrowed his brows. Is he being defiant to the man who saved him?!

"Well I suppose if that meant you think I'm cute." Peter laughed and shrugged. "But I don't think that could possibly be it. Why did you name him that anyway?" He leered at the pup as it growled at him. "You know, I thought you were in trouble when you were calling for this thing."

Scoffing, Peter reached over to pet Pete. If the pup really did like him, then it wouldn't bite him. Or maybe it was just too smart to bite him in front of Colette who was obviously oblivious to what seemed like a male rivalry of sorts. Damn ungrateful dog.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Cute...?

Colette shook her head lightly at his jest, smirking. "I named him after you since he looks just like you." She lifts the pup closer to him. "Look, you both have the same blue eyes and the same copper--err- red hair...and I guess you are both cute..." She pouts a little; true, it could be awfully confusing if she'd use his name, but what to name him? 'Peter' sounded perfect for her.

"What should I name him then?" She asked as she noticed Peter and the husky pup warming up to each other.

===

Pete's growl became low, almost inaudible, as Peter's hand reached out closer and closer for him. His animal instincts had told him this man was the same one who had sent him back to this place last night...he was grateful, yet somehow he just didn't like him. He had this urge to bite his hand, but right now it was better to play cute while her new 'mom' was still around.

He stops growling and barks once, sticking out his tongue before Peter could touch him. He then wags his tail and tilts his head to the side acting all cute, before he licked Peter's hand.

'I'll let you touch me this time'
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:22 pm

"Well I guess just a bit" Peter looked at Pete, patting the dog gently, still wary that he might bite. "If you're adamant on 'Peter'...maybe just call him Pete?" He chuckled a bit when his hand was licked. "Close enough, isn't it?"

Her words hung in his mind though. He was 'cute' too? Somehow, it made Peter jump for joy inside while feeling extremely childish and silly at the same time. She had a point - without meaning to, Peter had chosen a pup that matched not only simply his gender but his hair colour and eye colour as well.

"Yeah..." He said, half lost in his thoughts. "Pete should work, right? Anyway, did you have time to get all the pet supplies for him?" Peter took his hand away from the pup and put them back in his coat pockets. "Maybe he would enjoy a walk around town and we can go pick up kibble and whatnot...you know, if you wanted to."

What an excuse to spend more time with her.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm

"Pete?." Skeptical at first, she agreed to it when she saw how good they were with each other. "I think Pete sounds great, thank you Commander." She chuckled. It made her happy that both seemed to be be treating each other well.

"I haven't actually, I wouldn't know where to go. I was gonna ask Daryll from the magic department to accompany me, but I think being with you is a lot better." She beamed a warm smile at him, the reason why Peter was better was because Daryll only talked about stuff she couldn't understand, he was a man of science after all and as much as she liked being friends with him, unfortunately she couldn't understand scientific jargon.

A thought came into mind, since they both Peter and Pete seemed to like each other, why not let them spend more time with each other? "Commander, please take care of him for me for a second" Hands Pete to him quickly before he could refuse. "I'll just change quick and get my coat, I'll meet you outside in a minute" Colette then dashed off out of sight, leaving Peter with the puppy in his hands.

===

Pete, looked at Peter face to face. With his mischievous puppy grin, he started giving Peter his own version of a gift specially for him. Peeing on his uniform.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:15 pm

'Damn right being with me is better.' His inner voice thought when she mentioned another person in general.

Smiling back, Peter took Pete in his arms reluctantly and looked at the puppy warily before looking back at her. "Wait I...alright then." She was already gone before he could protest. Peter looked at the puppy who seemed to have this wicked smile on its fluffy face, Peter frowned. "Ok, I don't really think you like me do y- HEY!"

And so, warm pee covered his uniform and Peter could only hold Pete until he was done, not wanting to throw or drop the puppy for fear of hurting it and getting into trouble. It was then that Peter realized the puppy could now use Colette to his advantage and manipulate the much taller and bigger human.

"I see..." Peter growled back at the pup who still looked extremely smug. "So this is how it's going to be, is it?" He could feel the warm piss soaking through his jacket and shirt as he waited for Colette to return so HE could go back and change.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Colette quickly changed out of her uniform and into her much more comfortable casual clothing, throwing in her coat along. She had admit to herself, she was looking forward to spending another afternoon walk with Peter outside the headquarters. Even more so now that they have a little puppy accompanying them.

The thought of being with him made her grin to herself, and all warm and fuzzy inside. It is probably because she was getting fond of him?

As she quickly went back out, she sees Peter holding the husky with both hands. Smiling at the scene before calling out to them. "Commander! Thank you so much but I'm back--oh--?" Colette noticed the wet stain on her superior's uniform as she took Pete back in her arms. "What happened to your clothes sir? Pete didn't do that--did he?" She asked, quite alarmed.

==

Pete just remained silent as he listened to both person's, his eyes kept peered at Peter. //Let's see....what are you going to do now? Tell her or not?//
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Peter felt like he was having a glare contest with the puppy for forever before Colette finally arrived back. He tightened his lips as she took the pup away from him, waiting to see if she'd notice the wet mark on his jacket...or maybe just the stench of piss that seemed to steam off of his body.

"Well." Peter lowered his arms slowly and took a deep breath. "I suppose he needed to pee." Great impression. He looked down at himself and checked the damage quick, as if he needed any more convincing that changing out of his current outfit was proper action. "Excuse me then, Ms Michellis - I think I have to go change as well." He sighed. "Possibly a quick shower too, if you don't mind waiting."

He turned to leave, only before giving Pete a menacing stare careful that Colette at least was unaware of it. The dog was now his enemy? How amusing yet degrading.

Peter was gone for a good twenty minutes before re-emerging in his casual button up shirt, jeans and long-coat. Putting up his collar as he approached the two who were waiting, Peter smiled and bowed a little.

"Sorry for the long wait." He said, motioning that they may set off on their walk and shopping trip. "I don't think you'd like walking around with a man who smelt like pee so I had to make sure there was no more trace - there isn't is there...?"
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 am

"I am awfully sorry Commander." She apologized, shaking her head, trying not to wrinkle her nose at the smell of the mess her puppy made. As much as she would want to help him wipe it off, he had already decided to go and change...which was a much better option.

As Peter left to clean himself, Colette turned to Pete and started scolding him. "Do not do that again! Thank goodness the Commander handled it well, that was very bad Pete...I am disappointed." She said,waving a finger at him after placing him down. The pup then tilted his head to the ground, his ears drooped down and Pete began whimpering sadly. The act moved Colette, she realized she could never stay mad over Pete especially if he kept that sad puppy face; she picked him up and cuddled him in her arms forgetting about what just happened.

Minutes passed and Colette grew a little impatient waiting for Peter, good thing Pete was there and he kept her busy doing acts that she found cute. As Peter came out, Colette found herself gazing over Peter, her mouth slightly open. There was a different air around him...something more pleasant.

'Did he always look this handsome?'

Wiping the thought away, she took a quick gulp and ran her hands to the side of her coat, smoothing out her clothes, conscious about how she looked. "It's fine sir, Pete was here to entertain me. I should be thanking you for even giving some of your busy time to accompany me." She tucked in a few strands of hair behind her ear.

She leaned in closer to get a good whiff of him, too close, that she jumped a step back when she realized the distance. "Ah yes." She answered sheepishly. "You smell lovely Commander, you don't reek of cigarette smoke either." Pete then barked and wagged his tail, prancing a few feet before them, obviously demanding to start the trip, excited for his first tour out in Moscow.

With a nod, they started walking towards downtown, where most of the local shops were located. Pete was leading the way, his nose pointed at everything he found interesting, even street posts and signs. "Mhmm...I wonder if he would be okay without a leash for now."
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Why was she getting so close? Peter both liked it and feared it. As soon as she leaned in to take a smell, his heart raced and he wanted to step away...but the moment she stepped away he hoped she'd take longer. All he could do was hold his breath and pretend the simple action had no impact on him.

"Well, I had to cut down on my smoking." He replied after thanking her for the compliment. "Sort of exceeded my budget for smokes on our nice trip to Poland. Don't take it as a victory, Ms Michellis - I would love to enjoy a cigarette right now." Peter smirked, knowing that she would love to see him quit the terrible habit.

It was spring now, the weather now more pleasant than the blustery winters although still cold. There were tons of people around, but not enough to worry about losing Pete in the crowds. Peter looked around as Colette asked about the leash. As much as he'd like to lose the puppy in the crowds in revenge for the earlier offence.

"Let's go to the park to do that." Peter pointed through the streets to where they could see the peeks of some trees. "I think he needs to let out some of that energy - and I'm sure other people with dogs will be there as well." Shifting through people, he lead them to the large park. As terrible the war was and the impact it had on society, there were surprisingly quite a number of people and families that still took time out of their day to spend quality time with their canine companions.

Peter smiled. It was as if the war didn't exist within the boundaries of this park.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:47 pm

"Hm, what I would do to make you quit." She said smirking to herself, thinking that she could probably try underhanded schemes just to make him stop, or just to prevent him from taking a smoke.

"Sounds good." Colette was excited; because of the war, most parks have been closed or uncared-for since the government cared more about food and survival than people's leisure. But since Moscow had some of the country's rich and fortunate people, it came to no surprise that it still had one, and a beautiful one at that.

"It's lovely out here." Colette's eyes stared fascinated over the greens. "We should come here more often." She turned a smiling face to Peter, then her reaction immediately changed to an alarmed one as she realized she just had suggested going out with him again. "Uhm, ah...I mean, WE--me and Pete...ahaha, I know you are busy sir so I don't expect you to be coming out here again-- with us." Her eyes then went back to Pete as they walked down a small bricked pathway in the park.

"I hope he doesn't intend on giving me a dead squirrel as a gift." She said as she kept her eyes on Pete running around a large tree, barking at some squirrel after attempting to chase it. The pup, giving up on the squirrel, spotted a spot of a flock pigeons and dashed towards them.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:09 pm

It was too obvious. Or at least, Peter thought so...though he didn't want to assume she was talking about the two of them. The way she tried to cover it up though tugged at his lips into a wider smile and slight chuckle. Usually, he wouldn't even entertain the idea of possible imposing on someone else's free time...but since she indirectly asked him to...

"Well, if I end up bumping into you here when you're out, I apologize." He said jokingly, staring at the ground to hide the smile on his face. She was extra cute today...or maybe it was just him and finally being able to spend leisure time with her after all the recent events.

"Let's hope...it'd look bad if you had to bury a squirrel in the pa-Oi! Where are you going?" Peter quickly took after Pete who was now off his leash. Squirrel or pigeon, they didn't need to have ANY dead animal in their hands. However, as he almost caught up to the hyperactive pup, they both disturbed the flock of pigeons who then flew up into Peter's face, blocking his view and making him flail a bit to protect his face from their beating wings and panicking feet. Pete, however was happily romping around, jumping at the pigeons that were taking off, trying to get away from the new menace.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Uh-oh

Colette watched in slight panic as Peter got mobbed by a flock pigeons, fleeing from the disturbance in the form of a little fluffy dog now running rampant and barking loudly.Pete, pausing once in a while and wagging his tail, looked quite happy at Peter's state. "Pete! Stop that, come here!" She shouted, running after him, passing by Peter; she mentally noted himself to apologize once again.

The puppy seemed to have enjoyed his freedom and ran some more in circles and at other people's feet, nearly tripping them. Colette bowed down slightly in apology at each one and continued to chase after the little troublemaker. "PETE! You better stop right now or you'll sleep outside!" Panting, Colette quickly picked up Pete as he finally slowed down after her threat. The dog was smart enough to understand what she said, she thought. She stood in the middle of the pavement, catching her breath, and turning around thanking the heavens Pete didn't bump into some food cart or damaged any property. She hoped Peter was fine, her eyes shifted, looking for him.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Peter had finally freed himself from the waves of pigeons when Colette caught Pete. Many of the elderly who were feeding the birds stared at him both in disbelief and almost disgust, having ran away their beloved birds. Peter could only rub the back of his neck and avoid eye-contact until he caught Colette's wandering gaze.

"Damn dog." He blurted out and started laughing. No way did he ever imagine himself in such a position. "We need to get him a leash!" Peter bend over, hands on his knees laughing and trying to stop at the same time. When he finally did, he cleared his throat and walked as casually as he could towards her, still trying to hold back chuckles.

"I think this might've been a mistake." Peter looked at Pete, then back at her. "He's going to keep making me look like a fool, I think."
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Peter's laugh was contagious, and she found herself affected by it in seconds, laughing as she held the pup in her arms. She was worried about him getting mad at her and Pete but there he was doing the exact opposite, laughing lively at such an embarrassing thing that happened.

Snickering still, she nodded at him. "Awww, but I think he made you look charming..." She paused awkwardly. Did I just complimented his looks? "...aaahh yes, yes, a leash! but before that can we just...uh...sit on that bench" After pointing a finger, she quickly fled to the nearby bench as if it was some sort of lifesaver.

Placing Pete on it, the puppy hesitated jumping down from such a height, which was short but to him it probably felt like he was on a cliff. So he stayed put with his butt glued on the bench, trying to lick his nose, being a good boy and settling down as of the moment so Colette can forget about his little ruckus.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:48 pm

"I'm always charming." Peter said jokingly and nodded at her proposal to sit on a bench. even he was breathless after that event and it would be nice to sit and relax for a bit in this nice weather. He had two choices - to sit with Pete between them or to sit right beside Colette. Of course, things would be less awkward with Pete in between, but thinking back to being covered in dog pee, Peter ended up sitting right beside Colette, avoiding the puppy who had it out for him.

There was a light cool breeze that blew through the park, rustling the large trees along the pathway they were sitting along. A few passing owners and their dogs stopped to say hello and pet Pete. Pete, in turn, acted like a perfectly trained puppy, earning Colette many compliments on training and how darn cute the wooly husky pup was.

"How cute!" One passerby, an elder lady, remarked as she bent down and scratched Pete behind the ear. "Having a puppy must be good training for a young couple hmn?" She did not wait for a reply before straightening up and walking off.

"Uh...." Peter was left a bit speechless. They've had their share of mumbles when they were out in town together before, but this case was so direct it felt like he needed to respond...but no response would be proper, so he just cleared his throat and looked up at the trees. "So...how did you sleep last night?"

Awkward.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Colette could only smile and take in their compliments silently. Pete was just a smart dog and she had nothing much to do with him acting so polite and well trained. If they have only seen how hyper he was a moment ago then she bets they would think otherwise. But lest, she was proud of him.

"Having a puppy must be good training for a young couple hmn?"

"Uhm..." Colette just scratched her chin lightly out of not being able to react at such a random comment. She kept her head down, looking at her fingers in an awkward fashion. They had been out together for quite a few times--okay,a lot of times--and during those, she couldn't even label any one of them as a date. It wasn't a first that they have been mistaken as a couple and she wondered about what his thoughts were every time. Peeking at him at the corner of her eyes, he seemed to be always unaffected by it...so why was she?

"We sure give out that kind of atmosphere, huh? I think we shouldn't go out that often or we'd unfortunately end up with each other." She chuckled at her joke, though it came out a bit stiff and awkward and her laughter faded away quickly.

"Uhm...it was fine. A lot more pleasant than I expected, I think it's all thanks to this little gift you gave me the other night." Colette petted the pup beside her and it wiggled before scratching behind his ear. Chuckling, she turned her attention forward, watching people from different walks of life pass by, both young and old. "How about yours though? You should be taking the whole day today to rest, you have been busy cleaning up the mess we left in Poznan."
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:02 am

"Hmn..." Peter thought about how to give her a response. "Well, if you believe it's unfortunate." Quickly though, he switched to continue the conversation with what she said afterwards. He was too busy busying himself by looking at their surroundings to notice how the simple comment from the old woman had effected Colette.

"I'm glad to hear it." He said, smiling at her and forgetting the previous awkward feeling. "I was a bit worried maybe you'd still...ahh nevermind." He cut himself short, realizing that he might've given too much away of his own feelings already. She didn't need to know, did she? all that matters was that she was ok now...at least...she could sleep properly.

He turned his gaze as well, to the people that continued to pass by. Peter didn't feel like going back to headquarters. All the troubles that he needed to deal with...the whole thing with finding Arthur and redeeming himself for his past life...it all seemed so bothersome. All he wanted right now was to sit here, albeit awkwardly, and enjoy his time with Colette and Pete.

Glancing over to her again, he found himself staring for a long moment, admiring her beautiful blonde hair and just how fair yet strong she looked. His chest tightened again and he had to take a gulp and snap out of it.

"I slept just fine." Peter said, rubbing his hands on his legs. "And I am resting - it's rather relaxing being out with you, you know."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MDLXIII :: MAIN ROLE-PLAY :: King's Blade-
Jump to: